Thursday, February 8, 2018

A bird's eye view of Thihagoda, Sri Lanka

Thihagoda is the place I grew up as a teen and where I lived until I leave the country in 2009. My parents still live there and we visited few times since 2009.

Thihagoda has always been a nice place to live. Fara enough from the metropolitan area so that we can stay away from the polluted atmosphere in the city, but with enough amenities. Not too rural but still, it is a beautiful village.

My brother has made a video of Thihagoda from the shots he took from his drone and it made me nostalgic.



The meaning of the name "Thihagoda"means "30 islands". When you look from the sky, you can see many small island surrounded by paddy fields.

It is all greenish and looks like a paradise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The clock that should never ding

Ever since I started grocery shopping on my own in 2010, I've used reusable bags. I started with just 2 bags. We were a ...